Listen in this week as James Hulsey from Taranis joins me on the podcast.
James has been involved in the agribusiness industry for many years across several product lines and from Texas to the Eastern corn belt and into Kansas & Missouri.
We talk all about his journey in sales and helping Ag Retailers do a better job of interpreting data, using technology, and making their life easier-more efficient.
Time & Topic Markers
- 2:23 – A career in Ag even if you didn’t grow up on a farm
- 8:41 – How do producers and Ag retailers decide on all the data-technology platforms?
- 11:01 – “Technology needs to make the Ag retailer’s job easier“
- 13:04 – “Producers and Ag Retailers have a lot of Data, but does it provide information?”
- 18:11 – Greatest challenge? Selling yourself. Going from a sales rep to a salesperson
- 23:45 – The unmatched service and information provided by Taranis
- 25:55 – Greatest reward? Having a seat at the table with some of the greatest people in business
- 29:33 – Advice for someone going into the agribusiness selling world?
- Get organized, do your pre-call planning, be patient, be optimistic, and ask for the order.
If you would like to connect with James, you can reach him on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/james-hulsey-9b28ab30/